Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Writer's Block

Like many of you, sometimes I experience writer's block. This is especially frustrating to me as my entire body of work is nothing more than the first thing that pops into my head.
I try to update the blog weekly with new stories about oranges and sleeping problems, but today I'm failing to find anything stupid enough to write about.
I could go political, but I find that that's way too stupid for even me to write about.
Nuts. Nuts just popped into my head. What I could do with nuts?

MR. PEANUT'S NIGHT AT THE CIRCUS

Not only not funny, but also not stupid. In fact, it would make sense for Mr. Peanut to go to the circus. I mean, think of it: if there are peanut people, there must be an organization that's been put together to protect peanuts. And seeing how the circus is just one big slaughter for peanuts, be it elephant or human, I would imagine they'd need a spokesperson to show that peanuts are people too. Well, that they're peanut people. It doesn't matter. The point is, Mr. Peanut is the most famous peanut of them all.

See, I should have wrote that. But it's too late.
I'm drinking a coke. That's pretty stupid. But there's not a lot I can do with that. Unless – nope. Nothing. I ate a hotdog earlier. That was pretty rad. I put sauerkraut on it. That was a new thing for me. I like to try new things.

Wait – what about a story about this chick who's into trying new things and the whole way through you think…just not doing it.

There will probably be no legible post today as I just don't feel stupid. I don't feel smart. That's definitely not it. I just don't feel The Stupid. Let me make up a title and try to write and make sure.

Young Man Travels to New York

George was a young man. He was pushing 23 and he had decided it was time to visit the big city and make a name for himself. He departed from Iowa

It's going nowhere. I can't think of anything that would happen to this guy that would be stupid.

Really. Just nothing going on.

Wait!

Nope.

Hammer, P.I.

Hammer was on the case, but this time it was for money. Real money. Not that phoney money you get with a board game, but real green money. The kind that you snort cocaine with. The kind you leave at a table after you have eaten in order to give the waiter or waitress a little something extra. The kind that you

Pretty stupid, but just not there. I'll make amends next week.

1 comment:

WhiteUnicorn said...

Tacos!
Tacos!
Tacos!

Also, free pancakes.