Monday, February 8, 2010

This Time I Got Bent Out of Shape

April 22
NETFLIX REALLY REALLY BLOWS
I appreciate your help, but this policy is a joke and a con job on consumers.

Please forward this on to your higher ups:

I have posted my feelings concerning this rip off on my company's bulletin board (7 countries, thousands of employees - it's Verif). This bulletin board is electronically accessed by all employees and your deceitful policies have been documented, along with the poor condition your product is mailed in.

Also, I'll be posting this on my personal website that receives more than 2 hits an hour.

The following is a copy of the post that I will be updating daily until I get a full refund:

From ----------> MATT ECKERT Date Sent ----> 4/22/05

Mail ID -----> DOC06 Time Sent ----> 15:32:42

Subject -------> AVOID NETFLIX


- Most discs show up scratched, broken, or basically unplayable.

- I purchase a gift subscription, so that I wouldn't have to worry

about paying on my VISA for the service for awhile. The gift

subscription was completely paid for and I now find that I

cannot redeem it because VISA doesn't CURRENTLY have any money

on it. Keep in mind: I already paid for the subscription. So,

because I don't have money in my account, I cannot receive the

service that was paid for. So, what they want is to make sure

that once the paid for service is up, they have access to your

account to keep the service going passed the gift subscription.

It's basically a con.

Avoid Netflix. Terrible service and overall a con. I would go with

the new Blockbuster system as I have heard it is much better with +


Thanks for your time.



-----Original Message-----

From: Netflix Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@netflix.com]

Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 4:15 PM

To: Matt Eckert

Subject: Re: RE: RE: Billing and Pricing



Hi Robert,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We do require a valid method of payment for every Netflix Rental Subscription, including all promotions and Gift Subscriptions. This is to verify account information, to ensure your identity, to provide security for the shipped discs and to allow an easy transition to the paid service upon the conclusion of a free trial or gift subscription period.

Gift Subscriptions are non-refundable at this time. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you've experienced. Please be assured that we are continually striving to improve our service.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Kristina,

Netflix Customer Service .





> -----Original Message-----

> From: MEckert> Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 3:24:00 PM

> To: cs_mail@netflix.com

> Subject: RE: RE: Billing and Pricing

>

>

> All I can guess in your lack of response is the following condition:

> -Recipients will need a valid method of payment (credit card or payment

> via

> checking account) to activate the membership.

>

> What I imagine you're saying is that because the current card I am using

> is

> empty of funds I can't receive my gift subscription.

> The subscription is paid for. Those funds HAVE gone through. Regardless

> of

> your rule (which i can only guess is to ensure that you can bank on

> someone's account once their gift is up) that policy is a con.

> A service was paid for and I'm not receiving that service.

> Please refund the money that was paid for that service at once.

> I've been waiting on the phone for a rep and am receiving NO service

> there.

> Most of the discs I receive are scratched and unplayable and I've been

> EXTREMELY non-reactive about this.

> But, this con job is the last straw. Poor service is one thing - no

> service

> is another.

> Once something is paid for, there shouldn't be a check on whether the

> consumer can pay for it again.

> I want my money refunded at once.

>

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Netflix Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@netflix.com]

> Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 1:42 PM

> To: Matt Eckert

> Subject: Re: RE: Billing and Pricing NFLX ID: >

>

> Hi Robert,

>

> Thanks for your message.

>

> We appreciate you redeeming a Netflix gift subscriptions. Our terms of

> use

> for gift subscriptions states the following:

>

> -Recipients will need a valid method of payment (credit card or payment

> via

> checking account) to activate the membership.

>

> -During the Gift Subscription period, the subscriber (Recipient or

> Purchaser, as applicable) will not be charged as long as the subscriber

> is

> on the Netflix Standard Program Netflix will begin to bill the

> subscriber's

> credit card for monthly subscription fees plus applicable sales tax at

> the

> completion of the gift subscription period unless the subscriber cancels

> prior to the end of the period. The Netflix Standard Program is a

> month-to-month subscription cancelable at anytime. Click the "Your

> Account"

> button for cancellation instructions. No refund or credits for partial

> periods.

>

>

>

> If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to

> contact

> us.

>

> Thanks,

> Kelly,

> Netflix Customer Service .

>

>

>

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: MEckert
> > Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 12:40:00 PM

> > To: cs_mail@netflix.com

> > Subject: RE: Billing and Pricing NFLX ID:

> >

> >

> > I'm sorry, you're misunderstanding me.

> > Yes, the card is not working. However, I redeemed a gift subscription a

>

> > few

> > weeks ago for three months. Therefore, THAT should be working. If it is

>

> > not

> > you owe owe me the 55 dollars I paid for that subscription back in

> > December.

> > Please resolve this issue ASAP. It's ridiculous. Look in your records

> and

> > you will see that i have a gift subscription for three months that

> should

> > be

> > in effect. My card may not work, but the gift subscription should be

> > kicking

> > in.

> >

> > -----Original Message-----

> > From: Netflix Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@netflix.com]

> > Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 12:33 PM

> > To: Matt Eckert

> > Subject: Re: Billing and Pricing NFLX ID:

> >

> >

> > Dear Robert,

> >

> > Thanks for your inquiry.

> >

> > We have been unsuccessful in processing your charge card. The financial

> > institution that issued the card did not provide a specific reason why.

> > Please remember we do require a valid payment method for every Netflix

> > Subscription.

> >

> > In order to resolve this issue, you will need to update your account

> with

> > a

> > valid payment method. You can update your payment information directly

> > through Your Account.

> >

> > To do so follow the link below: http://www.netflix.com/YourAccount

> >

> > If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to

> > contact

> > us.

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Ken,

> > Netflix Customer Service .

> >

> >

> >

> > > -----Original Message-----

> > > From: meckert

> > > Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 9:17:00 AM

> > > To: customerservice@netflix.com

> > > Subject: Billing and Pricing

> > >

> > >

> > > Subject: I'm being told my account is on hold because my card is not

> > > working. yet, i redeemed a gift subscription for three months two

> weeks

> >

> > > ago. what is going on?

> > > I received an email saying my account is on hold and yet I redeemed a

>

> > > gift subscription two weeks ago. What is the problem!?

> > > I'm sure my visa is not working. But, the gift subscription should

> be.

> >

No comments: