Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hamradius

Taxi Driver and Jack Torrence on Eating More Fruit

Taxi Driver

Gotta eat more fruits, man. I mean it's like I wake up in the morning and I'm planning on eating fruits and stuff. But, then I drink some coffee and I'm not hungry. Then, like an hour later I'm really hungry and all I want is stuff like bread and cheese. And I know it's not for me, but it's like it's the only thing I can eat. I mean, forget the fruit. Man, I gotta take inventory – figure out where I am, man. Shit, bread and cheese? I might as well be French. And it'sshit like this that's got my mind all moving around in different places. I gotta stay focused. I need discipline. I read that if you keep a habit up for three days you're in the clear. Now, if I could just start eating fruit instead of grilled cheese and macaroni I'd be golden. It gets to be so troubling that I throw away all the bread and stuff in the apartment. But, a day later I'm buying it back again. No discipline, no self control. It's like the crack addicts out on Vincent, man. I'll tell you life ain't nothing but one addiction. Shit, the second you stop doing one thing all these other things pop up. I'm trying my best to stay focused. Keeping up exercise, eating right and watching my language. But, man, it's like I can only do one at a time.

The Shining

Fucking fruit! Fucking fruit, Wendy?Now, what the fuck am I supposed to do with this? Eat it?!You know, I've spent half my whole fucking life putting up with this fucking fruit!You know what? I'm not gonna eat it. How do you like them potatoes? Wendy? Weeeeeeeeendy?I suppose you'd just like me to mix it in with the egg and the bread? Right?!Guess what? I got another idea. How about I just feed it to the dog? Would you like that Wendy? If I fed it to the dog? I bet he'd just love it. I bet he'd go stir-crazy for the fruit!Here I go, Wendy, I'm feeding the slices o' cantaloupe to the dog.Oh, he's eaten it. I think he likes it.Do you like it boy? Do – you – like – it?Oh, dat's a goooooood doggy.Here, boy!Ain't that just a hungry, hungry hippo. Wendy, you like hungry hippos, dontcha?Maybe the kind that bark and growl?Or do you like the kind that beg?I bet you like the kind that beg, dontcha Wendy?DONTCHA?!?!

No comments: