Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Defamation

There's little I can say about how much I feel during my visit to the Nazi dentist. He's taking his time pulling out my teeth and the local he gave me is wearing off.
He's not a bad dentist, he's just a little greedy. Did he ask me for my gold teeth?
No.
I tried to make a bargain with him. I promised him the teeth once I was dead, but he's thirty years older than me, so it's not much of a deal.
Well, maybe it is if you believe the stories about the camps.
Crap, that one hurt . I'm pawing his arm, but he keeps shushing me.
Shouldn't he be wearing gloves? You know, those instruments don't look too clean, either.
Jesus!

++++

Imagine!
The nerve of this Jew, asking for a bargain! Was he making fun of me? My age? I've heard they're smart, maybe this one is trying to get one over on me.
Heil Hitler!
I love repeating that in my head when my conscience starts to act up.
One hundred years from now, I will be the thing of myths!
The elder Nazi assigned to extract rummy gold from the pestilence of society.
What a joke.
Why couldn't I be younger? On the front lines, fighting Red scum?
But, instead, I'm in here being pawed by some Jew who can't take the pain.

++++

K, looks like he's done.
Whoa, my jaw feels so much lighter.
Thanks, Hitler.
Oh, Hitler, you brilliant, brilliant man.
I heard a rumour that you have Jewish blood.
Is that true?
Would that make you a self-hating Jew?
I guess you've gone a bit passed my cousin Wilhelm, who just converted.
If it is true, and you are going to exterminate us, who will you have to blame for history in the future?
The Reds? The Arabs? Clowns? Mimes? Dogs! Cats! Trees!
Fuck you, Hitler!
Fuck you!

++++

We'll have none of that. I see what your eyes say.
Jew.
You hate me. And you should.
Mouth full of blood and empty sockets of gum. For each empty socket in your mouth I have one dead Jew on my hands.
Heil Hitler!
Heil. Heil. Heil. Heil.
Christ, get out of my head, woman!
Oh, Ellen, you were so smart. Did you really think they'd accept us as man and wife...
Nazi and vermin!
Interchangeable.
Heil!

++++

Should I tip him for this service?
I don't want to come off cheap.
What if I just shouted "I killed Christ and have raped German Aryans!"?
Just like that, at the top of my lungs.
What else could you do to me?
Would you look me in the eye then?
Am I making this all easier for him by not speaking? Becoming less and less human with every scream I don't give him?
They told me to be strong, not to show this filth my pain - to not let him have it.
But, I don't know, I think I'm making it easier for him.
What if he is innocent? What if this is all he can do to avoid getting shot?
Jew, we're taking your teeth or shooting you.
Dentist, you're pulling them, or we're shooting you.
Would I take his teeth?
No. I'd rather be shot then watch even this man suffer.
But, what if it was Hitler? Would I take his teeth?
Does Hitler even have teeth? Or is it just a maw filled with fire and brimstone?
What amazes me the most is that I wasn't religious until these...people called me a Jew.
Would it make me a demon or an angel to bless this man? Should I feel sorry for him, for what he is doing?
I'm weeping. I'm letting him see me weep. That's my blessing.

++++

I can't take
Heil Hitler!
...anymore
Heil Hitler!
A nice bath somewhere secret.
But, I know where I'm going.
To the land where you pull teeth from one shore and take them to the next.
Forever.
Heil Hitler!
I'm not a religious man. But, I figure whatever is out there will make a religion just to punish things like me.
I want to believe they will.
Heil Hilter!
I want to believe in a thing that will strap me in a chair, pull out my teeth and watch me weep.

++++

No comments: