Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jackin it in a Bay

cyberville and "DENIM LEE PLEASE CASH IN" appears, along with the notification that I've managed to blow 123, 485 dollars in the first two hours of my work day.

"Yes, but I like to put my feet up."

"You put your feet up? How do you fit the other chair under the desk?"

"Look, could you just –" He grabs the chair and with fingers of fury I close

CNN

Party Poker

Solitaire 1

Solitaire 2

"Huh, good game of solitaire?"

FUCK!

"Yeah, it was up from my break."

"You get in at six?"

"Yes." I lie.

"Sure. Let's just do this. Can you take clean up your, uh..workspace and logoff?"

"Sure." I'm embarrassed and I shouldn't be. Like no one fucks off at work. In fact, I just read a CNN poll that stated 9 out of 10 Dynacorp personnel fuck off for at least two hours a day. And, it's been almost two hours since I've been here, so maybe my workday starts at 10 and goes on to five in breakneck-power working.

"K, you wanna go read a book or something? This might take several minutes."

"Sure. Wait. Why are you reconfiguring the computer again?" I try not to sound paranoid.

"What? Everyone's getting reconfigured."

"Yeah, but what exactly does the reconfiguring do? How does it benefit me?"

"Well, it probably won't help your Solitaire game."

"Cute. Look, if you could just explain it, maybe I'd appreciate the service a little more."

"Look, buddy, you get a free chocolate bar and a new password. Beyond that, I don't know and I don't care. Personally, I just want to do my eight and throw back another eight at home – if you get my point."

"Exactly, me too! That's just it. Shouldn't we care about all of this?"
"About what?"

"The monkeys! The planetary annihilation! The way my shower is 190 degrees on low in the summer, and 9 degrees on high in the winter!"

"Buddy, it sounds like you got a lot of good ideas – that I don't care about. Let me refigure the computer and then you can get back to why men have nipples and why the Jack winks at you when you play an ace in Solitaire."

It is now that I decide to play Alice.

I walk away and promise myself I will clear my mind of everything until I get down to the bottom of the monkeys, the shower, and why I can't remember going into work today.

Let's think: I remember going into work everyday, but I can't exactly feel it, like I can feel just having talked to the service technician. Now, there's a good chance that I got super drunk last night – but, I can't remember that, either. But, on the other hand, I don't think I'm a big enough drunk to have drank enough to clear my memory from...crap, what can I really remember?

I remember...YES! I remember being attacked by George! And –

A party. I’m at a party, dressed in 1970s clothing, and I’ve got a hot girlfriend, but something’s wrong. I’m like not here. I’m not working at Dynacop. I’m off the planet, maybe off my meds. I’m hanging out at this party and something is bothering me. Something weird. I’m trying to

No comments: