Wednesday, December 9, 2009

God Is Gay, Burn The Flag

So, I got my first negative comment about the flag post.

In response: I understand your feelings - according to your profile no one is as enlightened as you are to talk politics or religion because they don't understand it.

Touche.

If I don't understand, I'm more than happy.

I have no intention of burning a flag and feel that those that do are "look at me and what I can do" jerk offs.

Further, I could care less.

It's a fucking flag.

"But, Robert, that flag stands for everyone who fought so that you could sit on your fat ass and blog about whatever you want."

Nope. It doesn't.

Evolution, God, Vulcans - whoever, put us down here.

Then we decided to fight one another.

Then we made flags so that we could figure out who we were supposed to be fighting.

The flag stands for an idea that you owe your government something for sending people off to other countries to die for whatever that government decided to believe in.

Without the flag and without government we would deal with each other on a personal basis and would know what we like or don't.

With the flag we are told who are enemy is and who we are supposed to shoot at.

"But, that's hippy bullshit and without government there would be anarchy. You smell like Swiss cheese and lavender."

True, but I'm sure as hell not going to worship a false idol because the God of love and peace doesn't make sense at this point in time.

"???"

Your flag is a false idol.

But, no I wouldn't waste my time burning one, but I do think it's a waste of time and your money to pass a bill telling people they can't burn it.

Who gives a shit?

If you honestly feel that the flag is a symbol of something akin to your family and friends - great, good for you! I have no problem with that. You have your opinion.

But, if this is the case and you treat a piece of cloth like it's Zeus' tit, then I would expect you to figure that the idea behind it would endure some 18-year-old burning it to get down some feminist's pants.

If your ideals are as fragile as a flag, then you better rethink them.

Any bond I feel I have towards other Americans certainly wouldn't go up in smoke because somebody in Madagascar decided to burn an effigy of it.

Feel free to print this and burn it - I'm sure I'll post again and again and again.

Pleace,

matt

No comments: